All of our recipes have been
painstakingly tested to ensure optimal safety and performance. Please consider
the following prior to putting our products to use:
- To achieve the perfect burn, always trim the wick(s) to no greater than 1/4" (6cm) prior to each burn. Your wicks will be trimmed to size when you receive your product. The wick(s) can be trimmed using wick trimmers or with your fingers by pinching off the charred wood or cotton after the candle has cooled. The charred portion will pinch off easily. Never attempt to trim wicks with fingers when the candle is hot.
- Our candles do not contain colorants. For the sake of aesthetics and unncessary sooting, avoid dropping charred wick trimmings into the candle; hold the candle upside down while trimming to maintain the best look.
- Some wax discoloration may be expected after a few burns, especially when burning wooden wicks.
- For the first couple of burns, keep the candle lit long enough, approximately 1.5 to 2 hours, to allow the melt pool to reach the edge, or close to the edge of the vessel. This ensures that the melt pool continues to the edges on subsequent burns.
- Avoid burning your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Sooting or weak flame generally means the wick(s) need(s) to be trimmed.
- Avoid drafty areas. Leaving fans on in the room while candles are lit may cause some sooting and affect the burn quality.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Burn candle on a level, heat-resistant surface out of reach of children or pets and never burn a candle near curtains or other flammable objects.
- Never leave a hot wax warmer unattended.
- Soy wax is inherently soft, wax melts may not always break off cleanly from packaging. You may place melts in the refrigerator for a couple of hours prior to melting.
- Because we use natural waxes and wicks, some variation may result from batch to batch. We do our best to test our products frequently (we love candles!) but in the event you are not happy with the performance of our products, please let us know so we can make it right.
Coconut soy wax is one of the cleanest burning wax blends available. Our waxes are free of phthalates, paraffin, and other chemicals found in the waxes used in some of the largest and most popular candle brands.
Our all-natural wood wicks are sourced only from FSC-certified mills who uphold the highest quality and most environmentally-friendly forestry standards. They contain zero additives or adhesives. Our cotton wicks burn clean and are free of toxic metals and are coated with a natural wax, not paraffin.
Our fragrances are hand-picked from a line of health-conscious, carcinogen-free formulae. They contain ZERO phthalates or other reproductive toxins.